New forms of teaching, learning and assessment for an interactive world are very significant in preparing for our future.
A group of academics at The Open University compiled a long list of new educational terms, theories, and practices.
They then reduced it to ten with potential to transform educational practice, particularly in post-school education.
The 10 new innovative pedagogies are listed below:
* MOOCs : Massive open online courses
* Badges to accredit learning : Open framework for gaining recognition of skills and achievements
* Learning analytics : Data-driven analysis of learning activities and environments
* Seamless learning : Connecting learning across settings, technologies and activities
* Crowd learning : Harnessing the local knowledge of many people
* Digital scholarship : Scholarly practice through networked technologies
* Geo-learning : Learning in and about locations
* Learning from gaming : Exploiting the power of digital games for learning
* Maker culture : Learning by making
* Citizen inquiry : Fusing inquiry-based learning and citizen activism
The link to the full report : http://www.open.ac.uk/personalpages/mike.sharples/Reports/Innovating_Pedagogy_report_2013.pdf